The last one he had available failed today so we had to spend a long time trying to find another location for a new IV. After ruling out both feet and trying both hands, the IV therapy nurse decided to go for the scalp again. Although it looks bad, it seemed to hurt less than his hand and was easier to put in.
The big news of today is that we are ready to discharge. If there had been a bed available on the floor (also known as the med/surge floor) we would have gone today. We're hoping that a room opens up tomorrow so we can get in. We will miss the PICU but are ready to move on.
Judah's cardiologist is still stumped about the supposed blood clot in his left atrium. He decided that he'd try looking at it with an MRI today. The procedure was very long and didn't give us any more answers. Thankfully, Judah didn't have to be inutbated for the process and woke up shortly after they finished.
We'll write more tomorrow hopefully...but for tonight I'm way too tired to type any more.